At Fellowship Bible Church, there are two main functions for membership:
1. You are committing yourself to the spiritual care of the pastors and elders.
We believe that Christ established His Church to be shepherded by Elders that meet the qualifications of Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7. These Elders are committed to shepherding the flock “not for shameful gain, but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock” (1 Peter 5:1-5). Membership means you are placing yourself in the spiritual care of the Elders and Pastors of Fellowship Bible Church, inviting them into your life to love you, encourage you, walk with you, and correct you. You are also committing yourself to go to the Elders directly if a problem arises rather than spreading slander or gossip.
Likewise, the Elders and Pastors of Fellowship Bible Church commit themselves to caring for those committed to this local church and give priority to them.
2. You are committing yourself to participating in the life of Fellowship Bible Church.
Paul makes clear in several of his epistles that believers “are the body of Christ and individually members of it” (1 Cor 12:27), and that we function in a similar fashion as a human body: each individual member doing their part wholeheartedly as part of the whole. In the same way, membership at FBC means that you are committing to serve the Body faithfully and regularly. We have many different ministry opportunities at FBC and will help you in whatever way you need to find a place to serve.
Church Membership says "Please care for me as I invest in this local church".
Listen to biblical teaching on church membership here.
Our Membership Process
Our Membership Process has a few steps:
1. Fill out a membership application.
2. Participate in the 2 week membership class.
3. After completing the membership class, you'll be scheduled for an interview with one of our elders.
4. Prospective members will be presented to the congregation for two weeks.
5. If there are no reason to bar a candidate from membership, they will be received formally into membership.